The objectives of this program is to impact research training the scholars, and prepare them for a career in independent investigation and original research so as to enable them to make significant contributions to knowledge in their field and profession. The degree program shall ensure that it is not, an end in itself, but a means for a fruitful research career.
To achieve these objectives, this program shall ensure the following:
- Acquisition of fundamental knowledge in the chosen discipline
- Acquisition of in-depth knowledge in the field of research.
- Training in the use of research tools of the field, and develop skill and capability to conduct original research.
- Degree in relevant subject, earned from a recognized university after 18 years of education with at least 3.0 CGPA or First division in annual system.
- GAT subject test with minimum 60% cumulative score, or university based test passed with 70% marks.
- Tentative research proposal at the time of admission.
Initially, course work of 18 credit hours prescribed by the Supervisor is required to be completed.
After that the scholar must qualify comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as PhD research. Students are required to maintain a minimum CGPA of 3.00 out of 4.00 in order to maintain this CGPA may lead to dismissal from Ph.D program.